Flat Panel LED-LCD Review Contest (Under $1500 MSRP)
Sponsored by (“AVS Forum”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The Contest begins [July 25, 2013] and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT [August 8, 2013] (the “Contest Period”).
1. Eligibility: The “Flat Panel LED-LCD Review” Contest (the “Contest”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, aged eighteen (18) or older as of the date of entry, who have an active e-mail account and Internet access. Employees of AVSforum.com, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, fulﬁllment or other coordinating agencies, individuals providing services to AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. through an outsourcer or temporary employment agency during the Contest Period and their respective immediate family members and persons living in their same household, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Contest Rules (“Official Rules”). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. How to Enter:
To be an “Eligible Entry”:
(i) Be a registered Member of AVSForum.com
(ii) Post reviews in the AVS Flat Panel LED-LCD Reviews section
(iii) Provide useful information regarding the features, setup, user interface, and performance the product
No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or the like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
3. Prize: All qualified Reviews will be judged by a panel, which is comprised of members of AVSForum's senior editorial team. The Reviews will be judged according to the following equally weighted factors: number of total reviews, quality of reviews. The decisions of the judges will be final. A review must be an original work of entrant's own writing. A review may not violate the intellectual property or proprietary rights of other parties.
Entrant represents and warrants that any Submission is entrant’s own original work and does not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party copyrights or trademarks. Consequently, AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. shall have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Submission and any other intellectual property protected or protectable materials submitted by entrant, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Contest Period. Entrant hereby assigns, conveys and transfers and agrees to assign, convey and transfer all, right, title and interest in and to his or her Submission and any intellectual property rights therein to AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. Entrant agrees to execute and deliver such documents and provide all assistance reasonably requested by AVSForum.com to give to AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc the full benefit of the rights granted to AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc by entrant. Entrant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc., or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission as provided herein, infringes any of entrant’s rights as creator of the Submission, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between entrant and AVSForum.com, and Huddler, Inc.
4. Prizes and Odds: The prize to be awarded from the Contest is as set forth below:
a. One (1) $300 Amazon gift certificate
b. Two (2) $100 Amazon gift certifcates
The odds of winning a prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received. No cash or substitution of prizes is permitted, except at the sole option of AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. for a prize of equal or greater value. AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. will not replace any lost or stolen prizes.
5. Notification of Winners: Judging will take place on or about August 12, 2013. Each potential prize winner will be notified by e-mail to the email address associated with his or her AVSForum account profile from which the Submission was made on or about (August 12, 2013 ). Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, if a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, OR fails to claim a prize, the potential winner(s) will be disqualified and forfeit their right to a prize, and an alternate winner will be selected from remaining valid, eligible Submissions timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted a Submission, the Submission will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the AVS account profile from which the Submission was made. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
6. General Rules: By entering the Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. AVSForum.com, Huddler, Inc., and any Internet access providers, each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their agents, officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Released Parties”) disclaim any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate Submission of Submission information, human error, technical malfunctions, lost / delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any telephone network, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof, inability to access any web site or download materials, damage to a user's computer system (hardware and software) due to participation in the Contest, or late, lost or incomplete Submissions (including entry information). AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc., reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to entrants. AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc., in its sole discretion. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is unlawful and subject to legal action by the AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. or its designees.
Entrants further agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold the Released Parties, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc’s control that may cause the Contest to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Contest; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Contest.
In no event will AVSForum.com OR Huddler, Inc be liable to you for any direct, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages (including loss of use, data, business or profits) arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Contest, whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not AVSForum.com HAS been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
7. Additional Conditions: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Contest, entrant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to entrant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in AVS newsletters, AVSForum.com, and Huddler, Inc. websites and social networking webpages without additional compensation. All entries, as applicable, become property of AVSForum.com and Huddler, Inc. and none will be acknowledged or returned.
9. Winner’s List: For a list of prize winners send your request and a stamped, self-addressed envelope to AVSForum.com, Blu-ray Player Review Contest, 525 Market Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Contest or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern district of California or the state courts located in San Francisco, California.
AVS Top Picks
Alphabetical Article List
Flat Panel Review Contest (Under $1500 MSRP)
By: Mike Lang
Posted 7/23/13 • Last updated 7/25/13 • 516 views
Currently, there are 2224 Active Users (468 Members and 1756 Guests)
- › How Many Speakers Are Too Many? 44 seconds ago
- › LG 55EA9800 55" OLED Owner's thread 46 seconds ago
- › ????why BGR not RGB???? Samsung un40eh6000f 1 minute ago
- › Epson 8500UB used but in very good shape 1 minute ago
- › What Is Your Downstream Bandwidth? 1 minute ago
- › F8500 Recommended Settings Thread..... 1 minute ago
- › Having a hard time deciding between a Yamaha 3030 and a Denon 4520 2 minutes ago
- › Just got a free 50" plasma off craigslist!!! Samsung HP-R5052 -... 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Custom-Printed Movie Poster Acoustic Panels - cheap! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY Danley Noesis? 2 minutes ago
- › PlayStation 3 320GB System by barelyderr251
- › BD-F6500 - 3D Blu-ray disc player by Agent 7100
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › Emotiva UPA-700 Seven-Channel Power Amplifier by thrillcat
- › Sony HTCT260 Sound Bar Home Theater System by playback007
- › Mama [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › The Proposal (+ Digital Copy) [Blu-ray] by barelyderr251
- › Klipsch RF-7 II Reference Series Flagship Floorstanding Speaker... by aromeo
- › Grand Theft Auto V by njskaguy33
- › VIZIO E400i-B2 40 Inch Smart LED HDTV by mckenna797
- › Academy Award Winners & Nominees on Blu-ray by skehoe
- › Game Console Review Contest by Scott Wilkinson
- › Best Blu-rays for Your Valentine's Day... by skehoe
- › Vizio and Sony Impress, Curved Screens... by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Buying Guide Central by skehoe
- › Soundbar Review Contest by SocialCapital
- › AVS Forum's Top 9 LCD TVs by Scott Wilkinson
- › AVS Forum's Top 10 Powered Soundbars by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 8 Low-Cost... by skehoe
- › AVS Forum's Top 6 Streaming Media Players by skehoe