AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews - View Single Post - Official Panasonic 2011 TC-PxxS30 Thread
View Single Post
post #115 of Old 12-20-2011, 01:03 PM
pannyplas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_slappy View Post

I have a November build as well, and I'm having the same fluctuating brightness problem. I have the latest firmware (updated last night to 1.3(?)). I've sent 2 email in to Panasonic and haven't received a response on either. I'm going to try calling today.

It's incredibly bad on a dark movie like the last Harry Potter. From a bright scene to a dark scene, it's very noticeable. Just after the dark scene comes up, the picture brightens. On X-men First Class, it happens just after the 43 minute mark (Magneto standing with the door behind him).

Noticed it with Harry Potter as well. I mean it doesn't happen a lot, but when it does happen it just irritates me. Instead of paying attention to what I'm watching, I look for the brightness fluctuations. I guess the S30's aren't immune from this problem. I had thought the brightness fluctuations were only a problem in the ST/GT30s. You would think they would have fixed the problem especially considering we both have November builds. I am disappointed with Panasonic to say the least, and I own four other Panasonic plasmas.