AVS Forum banner

Parts Express Grill Kits...how to attach cloth?

8K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ron Stewart 
#1 ·
I got some of those Parts Express speaker grills. Has anyone had any experience with these. The frame kit itself is pretty self explanatory. However, as there are no directions, how do I attach the grill cloth (purchased separately)? I'm assuming hot glue or something, but am just not sure. What is the easiest way to stretch, attach and glue the grill coth to these plastic frames?

#2 ·
Ok, your a guy and prolly never made anything "crafty" like a pillow, or curtains, or re covered a couch..... so here is a fast rundown

Assemble the frame with glue

Cut your cloth about 2-3" long/wide on each side (do this by placing the cloth on the floor/table and putting the frame in the middle of the cloth.

make sure you have overhang!!

now I start at the top middle.... place a dab of hot glue on the back of the frame on the top and then grab the middle of the cloth and stick it in place

hold it for 5-10 secs untill the glue cools

next do the rest of the top..... going every inch or so with a dot of glue and pulling the cloth and sticking it on the back

Once you have the top glued down.... start on the bottom

Do the same thing, exept this time pull the cloth tight, but not too tight that you bend the frame.... do this untill the bottom half is done... ever inch or do put a dab of glue, wrap the cloth and hold till the glue cools

now pick a side.... left or right

do the same thing.... pulling tight and gluing

then the other side

now.... you still have the corners to do..... what I do is fold the edges like im folding a present.... and put a few globs of glue in while im folding.... then you get a nice crisp edge.

now trim off the excess.... and your done.

#4 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.