AVS Forum banner

The Official Pioneer 9G non-Elite KURO Owner's Discussion Thread

2M views 15K replies 2K participants last post by  John Hooper 
#1 ·
#3,523 ·
#3,525 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlsim /forum/post/14661528

The point about subjective accuracy is that the reviewer is telling us what it looks like to their (trained) eye rather than simply giving numbers. Numbers were still posted at the end in a more "technical" section. It's indisputable that the eye is less accurate than equipment based numbers so at a certain point numerical accuracy may be "poor" but in the real world visually it looks as the reviewer stated "very close".

I find audio quality a very similar issue by the way. At a certain point in the highest end equipment you're paying for audio quality that 99% of consumers can't actually hear.

I think I understand what you mean, generally color has to be off substantially for someone to notice a big difference. I agree about audio, to a certain point. I think you start hitting diminishing returns at around $5000 with speakers, some audiophiles might not agree though. Once you get to comparing the sound of cables, amps, and DACs I think your comment applies. To some reviewers some DAC might be the best thing since sliced bread, most would never hear a difference.

#3,527 ·
#3,529 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision /forum/post/14666721

There is a price drop now on the 5020FD until October 31st.

Interesting. I just learned that Amazon's price on the 6020 is now $400 MORE than it was last month when I bought mine. What is going on?

#3,530 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat /forum/post/14667375

Interesting. I just learned that Amazon's price on the 6020 is now $400 MORE than it was last month when I bought mine. What is going on?

With the 6020 I am not sure. Amazon is like the stock market with there prices, up and down everyday. The 5020 and the 111 are the only units with price adjustments for a certain period of time.

#3,531 ·
in general for like bb/amazon and retailers or just invision? and how much? pm if neesary

i also saw that you mentioned the 111 as well please give me the info thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexInvision /forum/post/14666721

There is a price drop now on the 5020FD until October 31st.

#3,532 ·
I, like antennahead, had the distinct pleasure of having D-Nice visit and calibrate my display. Mine is a 5020, and I've also attached my calibration reports courtesy of D-Nice and his CalMAN software.

Numbers and charts are nice, but take it from me, there's nothing like watching this panel in person. D-Nice and I were both mesmerized by Kill Bill Vol. 2, in B&W and color it was SPOT-ON. Blacks were blacker and colors were naturally more accurate thanks to the true D65 grayscale. Details leap off the screen now even better than before, when I didn't think it was possible! I'm one of the people who initially griped about Movie mode's yellowish whites, but I no longer have anything left to complain about. This is plasma heaven!

D-Nice, it was great to meet you and thank you so much!!

PDP5020FDPostCalibration.pdf 171.8154296875k . file

PDP5020FDPreCalibration.pdf 176.3349609375k . file

Attachments

#3,534 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloFellow13 /forum/post/14668492

I, like antennahead, had the distinct pleasure of having D-Nice visit and calibrate my display. Mine is a 5020, and I've also attached my calibration reports courtesy of D-Nice and his CalMAN software.

Numbers and charts are nice, but take it from me, there's nothing like watching this panel in person. D-Nice and I were both mesmerized by Kill Bill Vol. 2, in B&W and color it was SPOT-ON. Blacks were blacker and colors were naturally more accurate thanks to the true D65 grayscale. Details leap off the screen now even better than before, when I didn't think it was possible! I'm one of the people who initially griped about Movie mode's yellowish whites, but I no longer have anything left to complain about. This is plasma heaven!

"I'm one of the people who initially griped about Movie mode's yellowish whites, but I no longer have anything left to complain about."

Same here, although I have the luxury of selecting my color temp, low was too "yellow" and mid was too blue.... not anymore. D65 whites are white!

John

#3,539 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloFellow13 /forum/post/14668492

Congratulations on your calibration results. Nice the way grayscale improved all aspects of the PQ.

I understand if you may not use them much if at all but I'm wondering if you notice any difference in your Non-Movie A/V modes after calibration?

#3,540 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahlsim /forum/post/14669139

Congratulations on your calibration results. Nice the way grayscale improved all aspects of the PQ.

I understand if you may not use them much if at all but I'm wondering if you notice any difference in your Non-Movie A/V modes after calibration?

D-Nice only calibrated the Movie mode, and I am totally satisfied using it with everything. I've watched Blu-ray, watched NFL Football and played Rock Band 2 on it, in light and dark, and it is fantastic all-around.

I know D-Nice said he's also done D75 calibrations for folks who aren't fond of D65, but after seeing a D65 display you'd have to be crazy to want anything different!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.