AVS Forum banner

NEW NEW Blu-ray Special Buys, Discounts, BOGO Thread

3M views 15K replies 1K participants last post by  Cal68 
#1 ·
This thread will always have all of the current Blu-ray DEALs on the FIRST page, so you won't have to search to find out what's available.

I will update this post at least once per day. If you have items to be added to this list, please PM me the info so I can add it to this post during my next update. If you do not email, don't expect the deal to make it to this post.

Try to include a link in your PM, so I can transfer that to the first page. If there is no link, at least please include all important info such as Store, Online/Instore, item(s), price, expiration date, coupon code (if applicable). I will TRY to test all submissions. I'll PM you back requesting more info if necessary. It will also be helpful to PM me about when a deal is expired so I can update it accordingly. You do not need to do that about run-of-the-mill expirations like a Best Buy sale only, for instance, like an Amazon BOGO, where no one knows the expiration date.

Look for the current links in ORANGE or BLUE (Note: If no link available, there will be an explanation of the deal)

Deals that have expired will be updated to a red EXPIRED color so you'll know they're no longer valid. I'll delete the expired deals after a few days to avoid unecessary distractions.

HERE ARE THE CURRENT DEALS

____________________________________________________________ _____

AMAZON

Father's Day titles, action titles from mix of studios
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000375771

Buy more, save more on Lost season sets
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000350041

Buy more, save more on select titles
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000387421

Save on select Sony titles:

code SONYPIC3

* Save $3 on Paul Blart: Mall Cop on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on Fireproof or Not Easily Broken on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on the International on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on Open Season 2 on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $3 on one of the following on DVD or Blu-Ray - Bad Boys, Ghost Rider, Black Hawk Down, XXX: State of the Union, Rocky Balboa (Bad Boys is not available on blu-ray)

* Save $3 on Underworld - Rise of the Lycans on DVD or Blu-Ray

code SONYPIC3

* Save $5 on the Da Vinci Code on DVD or Blu-Ray

* Save $5 on Ghostbusters or Dr. Strangelove on Blu-Ray

Warner Brothers Online
http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...atType=Blu-ray
Warner Bros. 25% off code WBSURVEY6 expires 6/30, might be one-time use only.
Warner Bros. 30% off code WBSURVEY7 expires 6/30, might be one-time use only.

Family Video

free shipping with code juneship, valid 6/11-6/13

See less See more
#7,301 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndn /forum/post/17281685

Wizard of Oz UE is $42.74 @ A Goldbox. There is a temporary suspension of this item (advertising discrepancy)...but I'm sure cs could help.

I think that's showing up in your personalized Gold Box page (based on your purchase history). It certainly isn't showing up on the main Gold Box (errr, Today's Deals) page for me.

#7,302 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 /forum/post/17282016

I think that's showing up in your personalized Gold Box page (based on your purchase history). It certainly isn't showing up on the main Gold Box (errr, Today's Deals) page for me.

Yeah...

The trick, which is now well-published Pugnax555, is to store a number of BD's in your cart, wish list and/or browsing history. In that way a multitude of BD's will rotate in your Gold Box.

I thought most of us here that purchase from A just did that type of thing (to save a couple of bucks).

jfyi

#7,304 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndn /forum/post/17282113

Yeah...

The trick, which is now well-published Pugnax555, is to store a number of BD's in your cart, wish list and/or browsing history. In that way a multitude of BD's will rotate in your Gold Box.

I thought most of us here that purchase from A just did that type of thing (to save a couple of bucks).

jfyi

I have a ton of Blu-rays on my wish list, but I rarely see any Blu-rays in my Gold Box. Am I doing something wrong?

#7,306 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndn /forum/post/17282113

Yeah...

jfyi

Yes, but just because it is showing up in your Gold Box on a certain day it doesn't mean that it will necessarily be showing up in anyone else's, even if they have those same titles in their cart, on their wish list, etc. It may show up in someone else's a few days later, but again, there's no guarantee. I have movies show up there all the time, many at $9.49 when the movie is regularly going for $9.99. Should I post those deals for everyone to see, too?

#7,310 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnax555 /forum/post/17283480

Yes, but just because it is showing up in your Gold Box on a certain day it doesn't mean that it will necessarily be showing up in anyone else's, even if they have those same titles in their cart, on their wish list, etc. It may show up in someone else's a few days later, but again, there's no guarantee. I have movies show up there all the time, many at $9.49 when the movie is regularly going for $9.99. Should I post those deals for everyone to see, too?

Well, if it's not there...it's not there.

It may be pure happenstance, just dumb luck, or maybe all the stars aligned, but on several occasions I have had numerous members here and on other boards inform me that they had the same BD in their Goldbox.

I don't know what you should do, and I am not so pompous to tell you. I am neither your mother, priest or boss.

Anyhow, the trick at A works: BD's in your purchases, cart, browsing history and wish list will place BD's in the Goldcart.

#7,312 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42Plasmaman /forum/post/17285230

FRYS

Where is the list of the complete 35 titles? Can you please provide that? It will save me a trip to the store.

#7,313 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk /forum/post/17285517

Where is the list of the complete 35 titles? Can you please provide that? It will save me a trip to the store.

take each one of the SKU numbers (for example: #5649221) under the pictures in the ad, go to frys.com and enter it into the search engine. while you're at it, record the results and post back here.

EDIT: oops, ok, looks like they didn't put 35 SKU's in the ad. sometimes fry's will show only a few pics but list a bunch SKU's but not this time.

#7,314 ·
Your gold box goes off of your purchase history almost exclusively. The only thing I buy off of amazon are BDs and car care products and today(like most) theres 8 BDs in my gold box. ghostbusters($11.87), bourne trilogy($67.92) wanted($18.04) MIB, oceans 12....

#7,316 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 /forum/post/17296070

The Toys R Us insert in today's (Sunday) paper show both the Snow White BD+DVD Combo pack and the DVD+BD Combo pack at $19.99. There's also a link for a $10 online coupon at www.snowwhiteoffer.com that drops the price to $9.99. The coupon is good for 4 days only, 10-6 - 10/9/09.

Dumb Q, but why do you need to install coupon printer software to print the darn thing?

#7,318 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexx /forum/post/17296395

Dumb Q, but why do you need to install coupon printer software to print the darn thing?

They want to gather information from your computer's perspective. You give them your name, address, email and IP address. They can then sell it. This can then be collaborated with other data mined sources with a resultant loss to your privacy.

Has anyone else noticed the Blu-ray deals have largely dried-up and prices have been raised. Even the Wizard of Oz is $55 at "Best Buy".

#7,319 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCodger73 /forum/post/17296070

The Toys R Us insert in today's (Sunday) paper show both the Snow White BD+DVD Combo pack and the DVD+BD Combo pack at $19.99. There's also a link for a $10 online coupon at www.snowwhiteoffer.com that drops the price to $9.99. The coupon is good for 4 days only, 10-6 - 10/9/09.

From another thread I read over on SD, you can also get a $5 TRU gift card (good on a future purchase) if you pre-order Snow White before Tuesday. So basically you can get it for an effective $5 ($20 - $10 coupon - $5 gift card) for a Disney BD/DVD combo pack!

As for why you have to install a coupon printer, it's because the coupons are unique. The printer driver prevents printing to a virtual printer (or PDF file or whatever), which means you can't easily share them. As someone else mentioned above, by doing this they're able to more accurately collect marketing information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.