AVS Forum banner

Sharp xv-z17000 : New dlp full hd 3d projector

96K views 551 replies 103 participants last post by  atanuray 
#1 ·
#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendo /forum/post/19139548

Are the replacement bulbs $600+ for this one too?
The bulbs for the XV-Z15000 are ridiculously expensive. It looks like the same chassis. Probably just the old model, but with 3D. I wonder what other improvements we can expect.

It has to be brighter in order to handle 3D...that's for sure...

I wonder if they fixed the focus uniformity many reviewers talked about?

But yeah, $600+ for a 3,000 hrs bulb in eco mode is ridiculous.

#8 ·
#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy /forum/post/19139497

I heard rumors about this. From the picture, it doesn't look like a "real" Sharp: the dual Iris ones that many here remember so fondly.

For what I have seen for the moment at the IFA BERLIN, all the 3D démonstrations , don't look very sharp

#16 ·

We talk about the XV-Z17000 here, it's better too have the unit specifications, better then those from the 2D projector.

#21 ·
 http://www.ipk-club.com/bbs/viewthre...rom=indexheats

That thread said the listed price is around $3.5k which I think street may be just below $3k.

Now that I have just been spoiled by my new Optoma GT720 720p DLP 3D projector for 3 weeks, I must buy a new 1080p DLP 3D projector again in a month or 2!!! This is NOT funny!!!

Anyway, bring it on!!!!!

regards,

Li On

PS: well... those jumped on Sony and JVC may need to jump again soon! LOL!

#22 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li On /forum/post/19695616

http://www.ipk-club.com/bbs/viewthre...rom=indexheats

That thread said the listed price is around $3.5k which I think street may be just below $3k.

Now that I have just been spoiled by my new Optoma GT720 720p DLP 3D projector for 3 weeks, I must buy a new 1080p DLP 3D projector again in a month or 2!!! This is NOT funny!!!

Anyway, bring it on!!!!!

regards,

Li On

PS: well... those jumped on Sony and JVC may need to jump again soon! LOL!

If they plan to sale any in the U.S., the price better be much lower than 3K. You can get the JVC RS40 around that price range. I wouldn't even consider the Sharp unless it was at or below 2K.

#24 ·

Quote:
If they plan to sale any in the U.S., the price better be much lower than 3K. You can get the JVC RS40 around that price range. I wouldn't even consider the Sharp unless it was at or below 2K.

I am currently an RS-35 owner, but if I wanted to buy a new projector (which I don't right now), I would certainly give the Sharp strong consideration even at the same price or a little more than the RS-40. This is based on my experience owning a Sharp 20k, a projector which in some ways was better than my current RS-35.

BTW, guys, please...NO STREET PRICES...MSRP only. So, in this case, we are comparing the $4495 RS-40 to the ~$3500 Sharp....

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sorel /forum/post/19696135

I am currently an RS-35 owner, but if I wanted to buy a new projector (which I don't right now), I would certainly give the Sharp strong consideration even at the same price or a little more than the RS-40. This is based on my experience owning a Sharp 20k, a projector which in some ways was better than my current RS-35.

BTW, guys, please...NO STREET PRICES...MSRP only. So, in this case, we are comparing the $4495 RS-40 to the ~$3500 Sharp....

I wouldn't say that this Sharp projector is of the same lineage as the 20k. This one definitely looks like an OEM. No dual Iris, no minolta lens, you get the picture . . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.