AVS Forum banner
9K views 44 replies 15 participants last post by  FerretHunter 
#1 ·
My basement is an open concept area. Let's start with plasma section, which is used the most for games (kids) and tv:

Attachment 204610

Equipment:

Pioneer Elite Kuro 141FD

Pioneer Elite 79Avi

Toshiba A30

Mini PC feature Intel Atom and nVidia ION

Anthem MRX500

Anthem PVA7

DVDO Iscan Duo

Xbox 360 Elite

PS3

Paradigm Reference Millenia 200

Paradigm Reference Seismic 10

Attachment 204606
Attachment 204607
Attachment 204608
Attachment 204609

See less See more
#3 ·
#5 ·
#6 ·
#7 ·
#8 ·
your gear is superb!!! Nice to see the Anthem and Paradigm working in tandem. I'm sure the movie and music watching is more than pleasing to the senses. I demoed a pair of S8's at my local dealer when i went to pick up my processor--unbelievable imaging!

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast /forum/post/20117965

your gear is superb!!! Nice to see the Anthem and Paradigm working in tandem. I'm sure the movie and music watching is more than pleasing to the senses. I demoed a pair of S8's at my local dealer when i went to pick up my processor--unbelievable imaging!

Thank you.

The sound out of the main room is unbelievable. Listening to my CDs is like listening to them for the first time. I'm hearing intricacies I never knew were there.

I've only had the Signatures and Anthem Statement amps for a couple of months. I'm still not used to the incredible sound.

High def movies with lossless audio, ... I now appreciate what high def audio is all about.

And the other area of my basement with the MRX500 and Millenia is no slouch either.

Anthem/Paradigm certainly know what they are doing.

#10 ·
You should post the pictures of the Signature gear in the Paradigm owners thread directly so more people will see them.

Aren't you worried about your S2's getting knocked over? I had my ADP3's on stands and my brother in law knocked them over, and it cost half the price of the original speaker to get a replacement cabinet. I have them mounted on the walls now.

#11 ·
You have a great system, thanks for sharing!

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbfleming /forum/post/20119956

You should post the pictures of the Signature gear in the Paradigm owners thread directly so more people will see them.

Aren't you worried about your S2's getting knocked over? I had my ADP3's on stands and my brother in law knocked them over, and it cost half the price of the original speaker to get a replacement cabinet. I have them mounted on the walls now.

My kids are old enough to know not to run around in the basement. They know there will be consequences. I'm not worried, but maybe I should be! The S2's are heavier than the ADPs, so the speakers are more sturdier on those stands. On the other hand, if they fall, ... the damage might be more significant.

Unfortunately I have no walls on to which I can mount them. Eventually, I was thinking of walls to make the projector area more effective. Maybe at that time I'll look into wall mounting.

#13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnnt29 /forum/post/20120065

You have a great system, thanks for sharing!

No problemo. I was looking at other people's systems, and thought I'd finally post pictures of my setup.

There are some really nice systems out there. I've focused on the equipment for now. When I can save up enough money (Paradigm Signatures don't grow on trees!), I'll look into reworking the whole basement for a cleaner look.

#15 ·
I do not know how I overlooked this set up. I think I would just hang out in the A room if it was me. The S8 are just some of the best looking speakers when the grills are removed. Very nice system you have put together. Thanks for sharing.

#16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimlerush /forum/post/20147284

I think the angels from heaven enjoy your music

My Signatures allow me to escape the harsh realities of life. It is my personal heaven. When trouble comes knocking, I just crank it louder until the knocking stops (or is drowned out).

#17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek /forum/post/20147759

I do not know how I overlooked this set up. I think I would just hang out in the A room if it was me. The S8 are just some of the best looking speakers when the grills are removed. Very nice system you have put together. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!

I have to keep the grills on though. As you may know, the signatures are designed such that the grills should stay on. But it's nice to see them every once in a while. I love the cherry color of the cabinets.

I spent a good 4 hours just listening to music on Sunday.

#19 ·
I agree with everyone else above, beautiful setups!

Sorry man, since it's both in your sig and "location", and strictly out of curiosity I just HAVE to ask: I've never seen a ferret in person, I'm not a ferret person, LOL I didn't even know they still existed in the wild and I'm not against hunting - what's the deal with the ferrets??

#20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga99 /forum/post/20148322

Both rooms look Great!! Awesome job man!

Thanks,

After looking at everyone else's setups, ... I feel somewhat lacking in the esthetics department.

#21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr /forum/post/20151161

I agree with everyone else above, beautiful setups!

Sorry man, since it's both in your sig and "location", and strictly out of curiosity I just HAVE to ask: I've never seen a ferret in person, I'm not a ferret person, LOL I didn't even know they still existed in the wild and I'm not against hunting - what's the deal with the ferrets??

There used to be a character who posted on here a long time ago. He went by the name "TheFerret". His posts really bothered me. He was downright rude sometimes to people (based on the posts, I would guess newbies) who would post innocent questions.

I used to go by Vincanity. I was so outraged by TheFerret, I vowed to fight for the little guy and run this rodent out of town. I self-imploded and rose from the ashes as FerretHunter. I was on a mission. I policed this guy and it looks like it worked.

He last posted as TheFerret towards the end of 2005.

Thanks for the feedback on my system(s).

#22 ·
Wow interesting story. Yes you do find some inconsiderate ppl on forums. Luckly we have very nice WYSC family members on this thread so you can relax for awhile.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretHunter /forum/post/20151677

There used to be a character who posted on here a long time ago. He went by the name "TheFerret". His posts really bothered me. He was downright rude sometimes to people (based on the posts, I would guess newbies) who would post innocent questions.

I used to go by Vincanity. I was so outraged by TheFerret, I vowed to fight for the little guy and run this rodent out of town. I self-imploded and rose from the ashes as FerretHunter. I was on a mission. I policed this guy and it looks like it worked.

He last posted as TheFerret towards the end of 2005.

Thanks for the feedback on my system(s).

LOL, and here I was imagining you by your window, dressed up in an all camo outfit with a shotgun on your lap, and a couple of rifles at your side, waiting for a ferret to get in range...

#24 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek /forum/post/20151718

Wow interesting story. Yes you do find some inconsiderate ppl on forums. Luckly we have very nice WYSC family members on this thread so you can relax for awhile.

Well said, HTG! Yeah, this is what I like about this place, there is none of that bickering that usually goes on on other sections and I'd very much like to see it stay this way...

It's great to see everyone's system, their personal preferences, and the pride people take in setting everything up according to their possibilities. Every setup here is unique and we can learn so much from one another regardless of preferences for a particular brand.

#25 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddgtr /forum/post/20152497

LOL, and here I was imagining you by your window, dressed up in an all camo outfit with a shotgun on your lap, and a couple of rifles at your side, waiting for a ferret to get in range...

I'm in Canada. We don't have those kinds of gun rights. Probably a good thing in my case.

#26 ·
I have upgraded my system, a wee little bit.

I purchased a Paradigm Millenia 20 center speaker for the "B" room. I also upgraded the Anthem MRX500 to an Integra 80.2.

I have to say, as good as the MRx500 was, the notice in sound improvement after adding the Millenia 20 and Integra was noticeable.

I also ditched the cable tv feed for a satellite system.

Not wanting to leave the MRX500 lonely and stranded, I bought Paradigm MilleniaOne satelites (2.0), and the MilleniaSub. My thinking was to setup a mini-system in my bedroom. Of course, the DVDO IScan is back in its' box now that I have no use for it. And I had to take the 79Avi out of the rack to make room for the satellite receiver.

Unfortunately, it takes time and thought to plan upgrades properly. As it stands, the following is just sitting in my basement, along with the IScad Duo, waiting for active duty.

I'll update my pictures later, showing the Millenia 20 and Integra 80.2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.