AVS Forum banner

Sharp 70" Deals

77K views 441 replies 148 participants last post by  NomisR 
#1 ·
I'm Looking to pickup a 70" Sharp. The best deal I have found is $1999 at BB (LC70LE632U) but I've read of others getting it for $1500 or less. I'm hoping we can share links to any good deals for Monday and beyond.

#5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by audionutzzzz /forum/post/21266957

It was fry's. And it was more than 2-3.

Well, I must have missed it. That would have been a great deal. I was actually looking at the 60" at the time which would explain why I missed it. I was there today and it's back up to $2K. I'm hoping to find something this week. If I don't, it just may force me to upgrade further.

#6 ·
These are the best prices I've seen:

70le632u - $1.5K

80le632u - $4K

Personally, I'm waiting another 8 weeks or so. Why? Because some folks who bought 70le732/733/734/735's are wishing they'd gone with the above TVs for reasons of price or size or even pq, the latter being the subject of some debate. I want no such regret and am hoping things will settle out at least somewhat by then. Sharp has, to understate matters, shaken things up with 7, 70 inch plus TVs released in short order and I think under such circumstances a little patience can't hurt.

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeeagle /forum/post/21267210

70le632u - $1.5K

80le632u - $4K

Personally, I'm waiting another 8 weeks or so. Why? Because some folks who bought 70le732/733/734/735's are wishing they'd gone with the above TVs for reasons of price or size or even pq, the latter being the subject of some debate. I want no such regret and am hoping things will settle out at least somewhat by then. Sharp has, to understate matters, shaken things things up with 7, 70 inch plus TVs released in short order and I think under such circumstances a little patience can't hurt.

Exactly. Who knows how prices will look come Super Bowl time

#9 ·
Im willing to pay a $1700 to $1800 and have it now. Yeah prices may go down but who knows how much and when.

#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajbolit /forum/post/21266615

Just got my 70" 735 with 3 free 3D glasses for 2999$ plus tax and free delivery at Paul's TV.

figure the glasses retail for what? $80-90 ea? So that put this deal in the $2600-2700 range.

best price I've seen yet.

I wonder if these will get down to the $2200-2300 range any time soon.... if so I'm in!!!

#15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by strikeeagle /forum/post/21267210

70le632u - $1.5K

80le632u - $4K

Personally, I'm waiting another 8 weeks or so. Why? Because some folks who bought 70le732/733/734/735's are wishing they'd gone with the above TVs for reasons of price or size or even pq, the latter being the subject of some debate. I want no such regret and am hoping things will settle out at least somewhat by then. Sharp has, to understate matters, shaken things up with 7, 70 inch plus TVs released in short order and I think under such circumstances a little patience can't hurt.

I was able to nab the Costco deal for the 70le632u for $1899. That includes an extra year extended warranty and after taking advantage of a cash reward card for $100 off over $500 leaves a great deal for $1799 plus tax. PQ is awesome, smart functions are good (I like the DLNA feature and it works on my network), and wifi and BR movies are awesome after calibration using WOW disc. The sheer size (from a 46" LCD Sharp) to this BEAST still leaves me in AWE!!!

#16 ·
DAMN! They raised the price on this from $1999 to $2499 locally just as I was about to get it. Any idea of anywhere else I can get this for sub $2k?

#17 ·
If you are referring to Best Buy, just go in and ask to speak to the store manager. That $1999 price is in their pipeline and it may take a call from that manager to the regional sales manager, but you can get the deal. All stores have 2-3 levels of "acceptable" prices on these kinds of products. The top 2 levels are usually the standard list price say $2700, the 2nd level is the common "sale" price $2400 and finally the level 3 price is the "special or blowout" price. The store still makes money at the $1999 price.

I shop at a regional electronics store in NJ and never pay more than the "blowout" prices. It helps too that this particular chain is one of the few left that have commissioned salesmen and they just want volume.

But yes....talk with the store manager and I would be surprised if you didn't get the deal.

Good luck.

#18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyballgame72 /forum/post/21280995

If you are referring to Best Buy, just go in and ask to speak to the store manager. That $1999 price is in their pipeline and it may take a call from that manager to the regional sales manager, but you can get the deal. All stores have 2-3 levels of "acceptable" prices on these kinds of products. The top 2 levels are usually the standard list price say $2700, the 2nd level is the common "sale" price $2400 and finally the level 3 price is the "special or blowout" price. The store still makes money at the $1999 price.

I shop at a regional electronics store in NJ and never pay more than the "blowout" prices. It helps too that this particular chain is one of the few left that have commissioned salesmen and they just want volume.

But yes....talk with the store manager and I would be surprised if you didn't get the deal.

Good luck.

Yes, Best Buy and also Sears. They both raised the price. I wanted to make the purchase online using ShopDiscover.com to save another 10-15% so I'm not sure how talking to the manager will work in this case. I'm hoping they lower the price online so I can make the purchase or find it elsewhere.

#19 ·
I would be happy, after lookign at these for an

80LE735 (3D+80") with the same picture quality as the current 70.... I am hopeing CES sheds light on the rumors this is coming spring time....

#21 ·
I am looking for a deal on the 732. The lowest advertised price I have seen is $2,599 but that has been a while. I am having a cabinet built and will need it within the month. Any ideas, I am hoping around $2,299. I will only buy from certified e-tailers, not ebay or other.

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsully444 /forum/post/21285471

I am looking for a deal on the 732. The lowest advertised price I have seen is $2,599 but that has been a while. I am having a cabinet built and will need it within the month. Any ideas, I am hoping around $2,299. I will only buy from certified e-tailers, not ebay or other.

Best price so far is at Amazon.com through Paulstv (fulfilled by Amazon) for about 2479 shipped.

http://www.amazon.com/Sharp-LC70LE73...3109618&sr=8-1

if you wanted, I am sure you could contact Paulstv.com directly and ask for that price as I am sure they will do it for you since it is their product.

#24 ·
So, is it true Best Buy will guarantee the 'best' price from their store for 60 days from purchase? In other words, if I buy it today for $2499 and it drops, I can get refunded the difference? This seems like a good route to take as I imagine the price on this will drop until Superbowl.

#25 ·
Yes, that's what they told me. They wanted to sell me the 70LE632 for 2499.00 and said they would price match for 60 days. They had 527 in stock at the warehouse and would ship directly from there to my house but I didn't want to pay that and tax, seemed too much and taking the risk on price match.

#26 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomark /forum/post/21309800

Yes, that's what they told me. They wanted to sell me the 70LE632 for 2499.00 and said they would price match for 60 days. They had 527 in stock at the warehouse and would ship directly from there to my house but I didn't want to pay that and tax, seemed too much and taking the risk on price match.

Yeah, I agree that seems too high.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.