AVS Forum banner

HDMI Switchers....

52K views 260 replies 114 participants last post by  lokiju 
#1 ·
Just wanted to see a list of which switchers people had?

I was using the 5x1 Monoprice Switcher...... it worked very very well.. No issues. I dont need it anymore because of my reciever.

#5 ·
Yeah the Monoprice.com switcher worked like a charm, my ISF Calibrator said that he had a friend who bought one from Futureshop (cant recall the brand name) and that he was having all sorts of issues with it.

#8 ·
i'm using a gefen 3x1 hdmi swither.

#11 ·
I've also got a Monoprice 5x1 (2.1). But I'm having a problem with an Oppo Digital DV-981HD upconverting DVD player. Works fine directly connected to a Sony KD-34XBR960, but nothing if connected to the switch.

#12 ·
I'm trying to figure out which one to buy. I have a samsung DLP, Hughes DVR and want to buy the new Toshiba HD-DVD player and will have a playstation 3 hooked into it. I thought to get the Gefen but after going to their forums and seeing how many people were having problems i'll pass on that for now. Belkin also has a 3X1. Does anybody know anything about that one?

#14 ·
+1 for the monoprice switcher. I have a 2x1 unit, and is flawless. Good price too, considering the local bb and FS wanted over 3x the price for it!.

R8der, you might want to try different inputs on the unit itself. I've heard ppl having some success moving the player/ps3 from input 1 to 2 or vice versa. I have the 970H and it's working fine on #1.

#18 ·
The Radiient Select-4 is a 4to1 HDMI Switch that has both HDMI and SimplayHD logos, meaning it has passed both HDMI compliance and SimplayHD certification and interoperability testing.

I'm the President of Radiient, and a co-inventor of HDMI, and I just wanted the community to know about our product, as it has solved many problems for our customers who have experienced issues with compatibility when trying to connect multiple HDMI sources to their HDMI displays. Please see our website for details, and search the web for the many positive reviews the product has received.

#19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimV /forum/post/0

This one looks pretty nice:

http://www.xtrememac.com/audio/av_cables/hdmi_switcher/

It's supposed to be out next month. I think I may give it a try.

Just a little update on this nice looking 4 port switcher from XtremeMac.

This unit was supposed to start shipping this week (Feb. 1). I spoke with someone over there today and she said that it has been delayed until March. No date was given, BTW.

Also, this unit does come wth an IR remote, so it should work with any IR universal remote (such as the Harmony 880).

#21 ·
The Octava 4x1 switch has been outstanding for me. It has built in equalization to compensate for long runs and active input sensing which obviates the need to use the Remote often. I haven't tested it with two active sources on at the same time. My guess is in that case you'd have to select with the Remote.

#22 ·
I just returned an Octava 4X1 it or my Sony LCD kept on losing my computer signal if I switched between the computer and Sky HD or my DVD player.

I am waiting to hear back from Octava (they are testing it) but the salesman said maybe go for a Gefen. If that doesn't work I may go with the Radiient.

Very frustrating having to hard reboot the HTPC everytime.

Jack

#23 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8ders2K /forum/post/0

I've also got a Monoprice 5x1 (2.1). But I'm having a problem with an Oppo Digital DV-981HD upconverting DVD player. Works fine directly connected to a Sony KD-34XBR960, but nothing if connected to the switch.

R8ders2K,

I have the same problem you do. OPPO 981 will not work with the 3x1 (2.1) switch either.

Have you found a solution to this problem? I a was thinkg of getting the SIMA 3x1 from CC. Any thoughts?

BTW, I did write OPPO and Monoprice support hoping for some answers.

Thanks.

#24 ·
Using the Monoprice 3x1 and works fine except for a DVI to HDMI connection for an intel mac mini.

Is anyone having any luck with this on a DVI to HDMI? I'm getting the blue screen only on the intel mac mini on different ports.

#25 ·
I have similar problem with intel mac mini. I do get picture but I have to disconnect and reconnect the connector. Interestingly when I was switching the video with RX-V2700 receivers it's the Motorola DSR-550 that wouldn't work (only output at 480 resolution). I'm going to play a bit more and probably call monoprice.

#26 ·
Well, I just called monoprice and they recommended using DVI doctor.

My switch is supposed to be temporary until HDMI 1.3 receivers come out, so I'm not sure if I want to invest on additional device. I'm going to play with the switch some more when I get home today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.