Question about Motorola QIP6416 and Verizon - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2008, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got this STB today after getting an HDTV on Saturday. I bought this STB from a store nearby and hooked it up after work. It is set up properly because I am able to access the onscreen menu while the STB is turned off. However, when I turn on the STB, nothing happens and it displays nothing but a zero.

Like I said, everything else is connected fine, there just seems to be something wrong with the STB. Do I need to call and have it activated? Shouldn't they have mentioned that to me where I bought it? The subject of activation was never brought up to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmd1014 View Post

i just got this stb today after getting an hdtv on saturday. I bought this stb from a store nearby and hooked it up after work. It is set up properly because i am able to access the onscreen menu while the stb is turned off. However, when i turn on the stb, nothing happens and it displays nothing but a zero.

Like i said, everything else is connected fine, there just seems to be something wrong with the stb. Do i need to call and have it activated? Shouldn't they have mentioned that to me where i bought it? The subject of activation was never brought up to me.

i have been thinking about doing the same thing. I contacted the cable company and they did say you need to call for a signal after installation. Isee it has been a while. Did you ever get this to work for you?