Technical Trouble with Motorola DCT6416 III - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-25-2008, 02:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey kids! First post here, I'll try to be brief (but I'm not very good at it)...

My dual tuner pvr, Moto DCT6416 III has "lost" it's second tuner. It will only tune to Analog stations. When both tuned to SD or HD Digital channels (the same channel, different channel, whatever), if I check the in-band status, Tuner 2 reports a SNR of 0.00, no carrier lock, etc, and the screen tells me to "please wait, your program will be available shortly".

I've replaced the splitter in my house (one 4 way splitter), replaced all my cable with quad shield RG6U, Installed, removed, replaced the motorola broadband drop-amp the cable co. installed with my cable phone, used different outlets through my house, etc. etc. to get a better SNR on my OOB status screen and my in-band status.

OOB SNR = 19 to 20 dB
OOB AGC = 21%

Tuner 1 SNR = 36-38dB
Tuner 2 SNR = 0?!?!?!
WTF=!!!
with ZERO error count on both tuners.

I have 2 cable modems and 2 digital cable boxes. No problems with any of them, except for the 2nd tuner on my HD PVR.

My service is through Shaw Calgary, who want me to take a day off of work so they can check the cables inside my house. :/

Any Guru out there know what is going on? Is it my cable, or my pvr? How can I find out, and how can I fix it? A PVR that doesn't record 90% of my shows is no good to me

Thanks!