Comcast DCH3416 DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 05-01-2008, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having the Motorola DCH3416 mailed to me from Comcast. Two questions...

1) Will the mailed DVR package contain an HDMI cable?

2) Since this is a digital only based DVR, can I record for playback standard definition cable channels such as MSNBC, Fox News, & MTV which are not being offered in HD flavors yet?

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-01-2008, 01:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by amward1980 View Post

I'm having the Motorola DCH3416 mailed to me from Comcast.
[...]
2) Since this is a digital only based DVR, can I record for playback standard definition cable channels such as MSNBC, Fox News, & MTV which are not being offered in HD flavors yet?

You'll be able to record any channel, HD or SD. If they're issuing DCH3XXX recorders (the 3XXX models do not have analog tuners and MPEG-2 encoder chips), then they must have ADS in place. Hopefully the Moto DVR will work out for you.
post #3 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 10:11 AM

New here... just talked with the customer service gal at the Comcast office while picking up a HDMI cable... she told me that there are several customers that are hooking up their PCs via USB and downloading their DVR recordings then burning them to a DVD... I've search the internet but am unable to find anything on this topic... has anyone on this forum done this... if so, where can I find the information... thanks...
post #4 of 6 Old 05-28-2008, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by frlusa View Post

she told me that there are several customers that are hooking up their PCs via USB and downloading their DVR recordings then burning them to a DVD...

She's mistaken. I don't care how cute she was. The USB port on the Moto DVR is a USB type A (i.e., host) port, so you can't just cable it up to a PC (such a cable is extremely hard to find, if it exists at all), so you'd be lucky if it just did nothing. Besides, the USB port isn't even active, other than acting as a power feed.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfoo View Post

She's mistaken. I don't care how cute she was. The USB port on the Moto DVR is a USB type A (i.e., host) port, so you can't just cable it up to a PC (such a cable is extremely hard to find, if it exists at all), so you'd be lucky if it just did nothing. Besides, the USB port isn't even active, other than acting as a power feed.

Figures... she wasn't even that cute... maybe the USB port will be usable someday... ...
post #6 of 6 Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 PM

Hi, I just wanted to post a step by step solution for anyone who might end up searching for this online... it took me a long time to find the solution, which I found somewhere here on the board, but had to piece the steps together a bit...

How do I program the Motorola DVR box to change channels under 100, just by typing the digits, rather than always having to enter a zero in front of the digits, i.e. typing one-two for channel 12, instead of zero-one-two?

Here is the solution (for a DCH 3416 Motorola DVR box, although I suspect it works for some of their other boxes, too)

1. Press the Menu button on the DVR box, twice.

2. Scroll to SETUP and press OK/Select button on your remote.

3. Go to Guide Setup, press OK/Select button on remote

4. Go to Channel Entry Behavior and change the selection from No Auto-Tune, to Auto-Tune, using the arrows on your remote.

5. After changing it say Auto-Tune, press the OK/Select button on your remote.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page