Hi, I just wanted to post a step by step solution for anyone who might end up searching for this online... it took me a long time to find the solution, which I found somewhere here on the board, but had to piece the steps together a bit...
How do I program the Motorola DVR box to change channels under 100, just by typing the digits, rather than always having to enter a zero in front of the digits, i.e. typing one-two for channel 12, instead of zero-one-two?
Here is the solution (for a DCH 3416 Motorola DVR box, although I suspect it works for some of their other boxes, too)
1. Press the Menu button on the DVR box, twice.
2. Scroll to SETUP and press OK/Select button on your remote.
3. Go to Guide Setup, press OK/Select button on remote
4. Go to Channel Entry Behavior and change the selection from No Auto-Tune, to Auto-Tune, using the arrows on your remote.
5. After changing it say Auto-Tune, press the OK/Select button on your remote.