Comcast DVR recording of some, but not all multichannel shows? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-09-2008, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'd like to be able to record all of the Stargate Atlantis shows that are in HD (in my area, using Comcast and their newest DVR, that means Fox HD and Sci Fi HD) and not the SD versions (Fox SD and Sci Fi SD). If I record them all, the drive just gets filled with duplicates, especially from Sci Fi when they run many each day.

I seem to be able to only select one of those channels, or all of them, but not two of them, even with two different recording setups (which if I try, the first one just gets written over).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHF View Post

I'd like to be able to record all of the Stargate Atlantis shows that are in HD (in my area, using Comcast and their newest DVR, that means Fox HD and Sci Fi HD) and not the SD versions (Fox SD and Sci Fi SD). If I record them all, the drive just gets filled with duplicates, especially from Sci Fi when they run many each day.

I seem to be able to only select one of those channels, or all of them, but not two of them, even with two different recording setups (which if I try, the first one just gets written over).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I have the same exact problem (except with Two and a Half Men =P). I want to set a series recording for new and repeats, but I don't want it to record the SD channels... only the HD channels. Whenever I set the series recording, it automatically records the SD channels and hardly any of the HD ones. Is there any way to change this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:51 AM

Anyone have any ideas?