For those who own TIVOs ... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those who own TIVO's (in particular TIVOHDs) ...

Is there a function, fix or hack to link established channels to alternate channels (in lieu of) ... I ask this because, recently KHON (Fox), for some reason stripped the PSIP info from their channel lineup ... thus causing a shift in channel asignment. What used to be 2.1 Fox 2.2 The CW - has now become 8 Fox HD AND 2.2 Fox HD ... the irritating thing of this is that it mangles the auto scheduling for TIVO recording.

Now, TIVO HD does have a manual recording function in settings, but it would make it much simpler if there were a channel linking function that allowed users to link 2.1 to 8 for a nearly seemless "glitch fix" (at least for the short term) ... this would then buy time for the systems folks to fix the problem.

Any ideas guys?

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2008, 04:43 AM

Liked: 11
There is no way to manually map channels in the TiVo HD. That is what PSIP is for; if KHON is failing to provide correct PSIP, the best remedy is to get KHON to fix the problem.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

There is no way to manually map channels in the TiVo HD. That is what PSIP is for; if KHON is failing to provide correct PSIP, the best remedy is to get KHON to fix the problem.

Well, that was the original plan ... I did call about a week and a half ago (and so did a few others on this forum) ... the lady assured me that the problem would be looked into and even asked for a call back number (which I gave). Now I know that they did not call back because the phone has an answering machine and she said that is fine.

Now, I am not an expert on public relations, but it seems that since the spokesperson volunteered to call back (or have one of the techs call back) ... it would not kill them to make good on their promise.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:34 AM

Liked: 11
You think KHON is bad? Heck, I've called Verizon Executive Customer Service three times to get some kind of explanation why they're offering my neighbors FiOS TV and refusing to offer it to me. Three times they've promised to get back to me that night. Each time, three weeks went by with absolutely no word from Verizon. The reality is that what you're calling "public relations" is actually pretty meaningless: In my case, Verizon is getting the revenue they want to get from the customers they want to get it from, and no amount of "public relations" is going to have enough of a significant impact on customer purchasing behaviors to make a difference. Way too many customers are maniacal about getting the lowest price for the services they want, and generally relegate considerations like "public relations" and quality of service to the very bottom of their list of priorities, and we all pay the price for that.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicker1 View Post

You think KHON is bad? Heck, I've called Verizon Executive Customer Service three times to get some kind of explanation why they're offering my neighbors FiOS TV and refusing to offer it to me. Three times they've promised to get back to me that night. Each time, three weeks went by with absolutely no word from Verizon. The reality is that what you're calling "public relations" is actually pretty meaningless: In my case, Verizon is getting the revenue they want to get from the customers they want to get it from, and no amount of "public relations" is going to have enough of a significant impact on customer purchasing behaviors to make a difference. Way too many customers are maniacal about getting the lowest price for the services they want, and generally relegate considerations like "public relations" and quality of service to the very bottom of their list of priorities, and we all pay the price for that.

Ouch ... you're right, yours is worse

At least for us in Hawaii, Verizon flat out announced that we're not going to get it (misery loves company ) ... but in your case, those AROUND you are getting it?!

Now that just plainn stinks on ice. Condolances.

Sam