OOB Data problems w/ Motorola DCH3416 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-21-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It appears that I'm having issues with the OOB data on my DCH3416. I can't receive guide data or access On Demand services, and the time on the front of the box is incorrect. The problem started on a DCT6412 a few weeks ago, and I've been trying to fix the issue myself to avoid the runaround and possible service fees from the local cable company (Cox).

On the DCT6412, I tried several resetting/refreshing procedures and three different coax cables with no success. I called up the cable company and arranged a swap for the newer DCH3416, thinking that the 6412 had some sort of hardware issue. Unfortunately, I've still got the same problem.

On the diagnostics screen (accessed by hitting Power, Select, Select on the remote when the box is turned on), the OOB data readouts are all zeros or "invalid." The readouts on the DCT6412 were the same. Is there anything left to try, or is this a problem on the cable company's end?

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

edit: I should also mention that I'm not having any problems with getting in-band data, all of my channels have SNR's between 32 and 38 dB, and the cable modem connected to the same outlet has a SNR of 37 dB and power levels within nominal ranges (0 dBmV down/45 dBmV up). Cox has implied that the problem is with my wiring, but I don't see how that's possible given this info.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page