HDTivo with Direct Tv - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-28-2008, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want HD. I currently use replay tv with Direct tv. What are my options to get HD fom direct tv? Can I use stand alone HDTivo with direct Tv or do I have to go with direct tv HD dvr?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Liked: 11
Sorry, but DirecTV has closed its network to CE equipment like the TiVo Series 3 and TiVo HD. Your only option is to go with a DirecTV HD DVR (perhaps the HR-10, which is an older box, the DirecTiVo, but there may be limitations on such older boxes, besides lack of availability).
post #3 of 4 Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 AM

Liked: 10
The HD tivo that works with directv cannot tune in the new sats, so it really is not an option, the directv hd dvr is not that bad, if you are already ok with dealing with directv ridiculus commitment requirements, then get a HR21 and a am21, expect to get a terrible install and be lied to by thier customer service people, get everything in writting and expect to waste 3 days to actually get the install done, but besides that, they have the most channels.
post #4 of 4 Old 06-08-2008, 03:50 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephanthead View Post

The HD tivo that works with directv cannot tune in the new sats, so it really is not an option, the directv hd dvr is not that bad, if you are already ok with dealing with directv ridiculus commitment requirements, then get a HR21 and a am21, expect to get a terrible install and be lied to by thier customer service people, get everything in writting and expect to waste 3 days to actually get the install done, but besides that, they have the most channels.

wow, this is so true it is not even funny. wish i had come to read about it before i made the leap but i didn't have much choice at the time.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page