Dish HD DVR question. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-11-2008, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am moving to a new house and getting Dish in the next few weeks. In my city the only way to get HD locals is with an antenna.

My question is, if I order a dish DVR will i be guaranteed to get one that has OTA capabilities? I was going to get DirecTV but they only offer the HR-21 now. I currently live in a house with the HR-20 that has antenna inputs, the 21 does not have that.

So do all dish dvr's have OTA capability?
If I am only getting 1 room service, what box am I probably going to get?

Thanks for any replies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-13-2008, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I know the ViP series of DVRs from Dish such as the 622, 722, and some others support OTA. I have the 722 and had to have an OTA for several months as Dish did not have my local stations in HD for quite some time.

When I upgraded to HD, I simply specified I wanted the 722 DVR and that is what I received after paying an upgrade fee most of which I got back due to the promotion Dish was running at the time.

As a new sub, I'm sure Dish will have a deal for you such that your upfront costs will be minimal. It is when you are an established customer that you tend to pay a bit more than a new sub would for the same deal. You just have to watch the fine print and play 'let's make a deal' with the CSRs when you're an existing customer to get the perks.

I've had Dish for 8 years now and no major complaints an all the minor ones were handled to my satisfaction.

All the best.

Mike
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page