Verizon FiOS DVR Woes... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-11-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have FiOS TV and two DVR's a whole-house DVR I access from 2 TVs, plus and additional DVR upstairs for when we occasionally have to record more than 2 shows at once.

Trouble is, both DVR's miss recording programs from time to time. With the whole-house DVR this is very rare, but it did miss 3 consecutive episodes of American Idol on Tuesday nights, while picking up the Wednesday night episodes without a problem.

The upstairs DVR is far less consistent -- it probably misses recordings 50% of the time or more.

All of our programs are set to record with series recordings. We set them to record all episodes, new and repeats, as we don't record that many series and deleting a smattering of repeats is better than missing a new episode because for some reason "new episode" isn't in the meta data....

Anyway, I just want to see if anyone else has experienced this -- I've heard of goofy behavior with FiOS DVR's when trying to record only new episodes, but I record ALL episodes of all my shows and still can't get the DVR's to work reliably...
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page