8300HDV HD-DVR - reformat disk/IR problem? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2008, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know if it's possible to reformat the hard disk drive on an 8300HDC Scientific Atlanta DVR from Time Warner? There is an older thread that suggests holding down pause on the remote until the mail icon flashes, then pressing page down and then the DVR "List" button three times, but that doesn't work (mail icon never flashes). Holding volume +/- on the box itself gets the mail to flash, but the rest of the sequence doesn't do anything.

I'm on my second box from Time Warner with the "noFS" indication and I want to try to reformat before heading back to swap for the third.

Also, two nights ago, the IR receiver on my brand new Samsung LN37a450 LCD seems to have stopped working - it doesn't respond at all to signals from its own remote or from the cable box remote programmed to the TV. Is there anything that could be causing this besides just a suddenly dead IR receiver?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2008, 08:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am also trying to force reformat the drive on my 8300HDV. The box no longer records, and says that the hard drive is full. When I look at the recorded shows menu there are no shows and it reports 0% full.
Holding the pause button on the remote control does not make the envelope icon appear.
thanks!