Motorola DCT3412 to .divx madness - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-14-2008, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope someone can give me a hand with this problem I have been having. Basically I have a Motorola DCT3412 from Comcast. I have some HD recordings saved onto the dvr. I captured them via firewire and capdvhs to my pc in .mpg format. I am trying to convert them to .divx so they can be played on a pc or a Playstation 3.

The problem is the files that are captured are just so damn stubborn to work with. I tried to use dr. divx to encode them and the audio is out of sync. Most editors wont even open the files. The only thing I could find to work with them was Nero Vision. But it would not let me encode straight to divx HD. I had to export them as a HDTV mpg and only then could I use dr. divx to encode them with the audio in sync.

The problem is when I open the file in VLC it says that the avi index is broken and it wants to repair it. It repairs it for a minute and then it plays. The file will not play on the PS3. When I re-open it in VLC it still says its broken.

So at this point, I dont know what I have to do to successfully get this BS done. I am so aggravated with the whole thing. Can anyone give me a hand? Has anyone successfully taken video from this dvr and encoded it into divx?

Thanks for any help.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page