Tivo Remote Issues... - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Digital Recorders (PVRs) General > Tivo Remote Issues...

Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

capwkidd's Avatar capwkidd
07:52 AM Liked: 10
post #1 of 2
07-18-2008 | Posts: 81
Since I purchased my Tivo 3 I have been having intermittent problems with the remote, what happens is, either I have to hit the button repeatedly for the Tivo to respond, or it will respond twice to 1 key press (usually up/down arrow on now playing), anyone else have this problem? Was it the remote, or the Tivo it's self? I have rebooted my Tivo, and tried fresh batteries and I did try searching the forums. Thanks.
MasterWick's Avatar MasterWick
01:43 PM Liked: 10
post #2 of 2
07-21-2008 | Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by capwkidd View Post

Since I purchased my Tivo 3 I have been having intermittent problems with the remote, what happens is, either I have to hit the button repeatedly for the Tivo to respond, or it will respond twice to 1 key press (usually up/down arrow on now playing), anyone else have this problem? Was it the remote, or the Tivo it's self? I have rebooted my Tivo, and tried fresh batteries and I did try searching the forums. Thanks.

Sounds like an IR issue, either with the remote or something in the path of the signal.
Any time I have similar issues, I replace the batteries and the issues go away. Some people complain the Tivo Glo remote eats batteries, however, from my personal experience I don't think it is that bad.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Subscribe to this Thread