Motorola DCT6412 III- ordering PPV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2008, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had this box through Comcast for about 4 years or so, for some strange but great reason all of the PPVs that I have ordered during these years have never shown on a bill to my account

Obviously this saved my 100's of dollars since I order all of the UFC and Boxing events. My neighborhood was in an old cable area that Comcast took over and had to do major upgrades to the infrastructure in order to give us all of the common features, ie we just got In Demand about a month ago

I also have another box as well, but on this box all pPV do show on my bill. My question is this...my box is giving me problems such as freezing and statis and I can no longer order PPV through teh remote as I did before. For the last month I have had to phone in my PPV buys and they show up on my bill

Anyway, if I were to trade this box in for a new one, will they somehow be able to tell that I had made all of these orders in that past and then try to bill me for them?

ANy insight in this would help, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Bro View Post

I have had this box through Comcast for about 4 years or so, for some strange but great reason all of the PPVs that I have ordered during these years have never shown on a bill to my account

Obviously this saved my 100's of dollars since I order all of the UFC and Boxing events. My neighborhood was in an old cable area that Comcast took over and had to do major upgrades to the infrastructure in order to give us all of the common features, ie we just got In Demand about a month ago

I also have another box as well, but on this box all pPV do show on my bill. My question is this...my box is giving me problems such as freezing and statis and I can no longer order PPV through teh remote as I did before. For the last month I have had to phone in my PPV buys and they show up on my bill

Anyway, if I were to trade this box in for a new one, will they somehow be able to tell that I had made all of these orders in that past and then try to bill me for them?

ANy insight in this would help, thanks

I know that this is old but im interested to see what went down. But yes.. At least I know the Moto boxes will hold on to what ever it has ordered that the billing system did not pick up. You must have an upstream problem @ your home.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-13-2008, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

so there is a place in the box that stores the info...ok

i dont know what the issue was but it'll be cheaper to just buy the box eventually rather than turn it back in to them

also, does anyone know where in the box this info is stored?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page