DCH6416, Help Please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-21-2008, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I hope someone out there can help since my cable provider does not know what my problem is. I have a Panasonic 50" Plasma Model TH-50PX60U hooked up directly to my Motorola DCH6416 via HDMI cable (I have also tried using component cables).

Here is my problem... My remote control (motorola DRC800) as well as my Harmony Remote (360) are both functioning the same way- incorrectly. Whenever I press any button on the remote sometimes it registers, and sometimes it doesn't. The catch is it works fine when the TV is turned off. What would cause the remote control not to work when the TV is on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

The Moto DVR's are often reported as being somewhat slow to respond to multiple keypresses or commands entered too quickly. I've also noticed the response to a single keypress MAY be slower when the box is tuned to a HD channel.

YMMV

"Typos are very important to all written form. It gives the reader something to look for so they aren't distracted by the total lack of content in your writing."

- Randy K. Milholland
post #3 of 3 Old 07-24-2008, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

My plasma TV is causing IR interference with my DVR. When I reduce the brightness of the TV, the remote works fine with my DVR. If I have my brightness to normal, and place a large towel in front of the screen, the remote works. I found that placing the DVR so that the IR receiver is behind the TV screen there is no problem. I have read on other forums that people with the same problem have bought IR repeaters to fix the problem.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page