Copy Recorded Shows from DCT6412 - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Gaming & Content Streaming > Digital Recorders (PVRs) General > Copy Recorded Shows from DCT6412

Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Jimster's Avatar Jimster
12:21 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
09-05-2008 | Posts: 10
It was surprisingly easy, and maybe everyone knows how now, but just in case...

First, I read all the threads about using the Firewire connection and it simply didn't work for me. Being both desperate and simple-minded, I finally simply used the Component Video outputs on the back of the DCT6412 and connected them to the component inputs on the front of my Panasonic DMR-EZ28. I played a 2-hr HD show on the DCT6412, hit the record button on the Panny and it recorded nicely, thank you very much. I was pretty impressed with the final quality, too.

The shows I've archived so far are not premium channels so they're not copy-protected. I simply run out of room on the hard drive once in awhile and need to move stuff off it onto rewritable discs in the Panny.

Having looked for a long time to figure this out (doh - head slap), I thought I'd share.
wajo's Avatar wajo
02:30 PM Liked: 142
post #2 of 3
09-05-2008 | Posts: 14,089
You must be referring to "Composite" Y/W/R RCA inputs and outputs since the Panny DVDR doesn't have "Component" (RGB) inputs?

If so, that's something that's always been possible with DVDRs.
Jimster's Avatar Jimster
09:42 AM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
09-06-2008 | Posts: 10
My bad - yes, Composite. Yeah, I figured it always has been possible, but I'd never found a thread indicating that, so I thought I'd go ahead and post it just in case others were looking for the same thing. Thanks for the clarification on the cables. It jogged me to think I should probably use the S-Video input for the video.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Subscribe to this Thread