Help with DirecTV multiswitch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 09-11-2008, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I am trying to split my signal from a 5 LNB dish between three separate DVRs. Two of them are HD and one is non-HD. I need two cables going into the back of each one, of course.

I have an SWM 8 Multiswitch (http://www.weaknees.com/swm-directv.php) hooked up from the dish and have one wire running to each level of my house from the switch. Downstairs I have one HD-DVR and that works fine. Upstairs I have an SWM 1X4 splitter that sends two wires to each room. The HD-DVR up there works fine but the non-HD receiver never gets past the searching for satellite phase during setup. Are there some special settings I am suppose to implement anywhere that I am unaware of? I figured it would be pretty much plug-and-play after a reset of all the receivers.

I have tried switching the cables between the first and second port on the SWM switch, running new cables, putting the power supply upstairs and downstairs and switching switching cables in the splitter.....no dice. Anyone have any helpful suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

55GT50 on HTPC via HDMI
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page