Issues experiencing when using external HD attached to Cox cable SA8240hd DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2008, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have connected an external 1 TB hard drive (cavalry CAXM3701T0) with my Cox scientific Atlanta 8240HD DVR box recently. The drive gets recoginzed and firmatted smoothly when first connected to the DVR and showed avaialble recording space as expected on the DVR menu. Whay i am noticing is that everytime I power off my DVR box (the external hard drive always stays powered) the next time I power on the DVR, the regular TV playback as well as any playback from recording starts to stutter and response to any menu item becomes very slow. If I discoonect the hard drive and reconnect again everything runs fine (recording, pause, live TV etc) until I power off the DVR box. My internal hard drive in the DVR box was 96% full before AI connected the ext. hard drive so I am assuming the DVR is always writing to the ext. hard drive for regaular TV watch also for pause or rewind activities.
Does anybody experienmce this issue? should I move to a 8300HD box? The hard drive it self I think i good as I tested it with PC and also it meets all the required speed and capacity spec. Appreciate any comments on this