SA 8240HDC w/ External HDD Recordings Disappear - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-29-2008, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an 8240HDC with external 750gb WD drive. Have had no problems since I first hooked up the external drive.

Yesterday, had some family over, which includes lots of nieces and nephews. The wanted to play the Wii, and apparently got to messing around trying to get the input switched over. Something happened, and when I was called into the room, the screen said something to the tune of "Please make sure you have powered off the unit before you disconnect harddrive...". Near as I can figure, they hit the power button on the harddrive.

Any show that had been recorded is on the drive and seems to be fine. However, any NEW show that I record, although it seems to record fine and can be seen on the show listing with REC beside it indicating that it is in the process of recording, DISAPPEARS as soon as the recording is finished.

Thus far, I've rebooted several times and various methods, and most recently have powered the system back up without the external drive attached so my shows tonight would record. I'm hoping that another reboot and re-connect the drive will bring everything back. Anyone else ran into a similar issue? Any resolutions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-02-2009, 05:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I added 500gb external to my SA8240HDC DVR. I will read the drive but wont format it for use. I have rebooted the thing numerous times to no avail. Any ideas?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page