Help Me: Weird Occurance with TV and Tivo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-05-2008, 06:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay...I'm going to try to explain this as best as possible. I have no clue what could be causing this.

I was using my Tivo this morning and noticed that the Channel buttons, Volume buttons, and "Arrow" buttons (to scroll through menus) on my Tivo Remote act like they are being depressed. Like I press the "down" button on the Guide, and it keeps scrolling through the menu.

I called Tivo and mentioned this to them and they said it's probably a bad remote and are sending me a new one.

Later in the day, my fiancee went to use the TV remote to change the input to the PS3. She noticed that on the input selection screen, it was also doing the same thing (pressing ">" arrow once and it would keep scrolling through inputs). She tested the volume button on the TV remote (with the Tivo off) and it did the same thing.

My question is - wtf is going on? Which product is "broken?" If it were just the volume on the TV...I could easily blame the TV. But for the problem to occur on both the volume (on both remotes) and the Tivo guide (which - maybe I'm wrong - shouldn't have anything to do with the TV).

I feel there has to be something that is causing "interference" with the TV and the remotes, but that doesn't make much sense to me. And nothing's really changed...so even if is it...I have no clue what it could be.

Note: If I just press the volume buttons on the TV...I don't get the same occurrence...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-06-2008, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Okay - the problem is definitely with the TV. Hooked the Tivo up to another HDTV with no issues.

I guess the IR sensor on it is messed up? Have no clue how to reset it and/or fix it though...
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page