Comcast DCH3416 FF skips to the end of the recording. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 10-12-2008, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Our DCH3614 will record NBC (HD ch 703 - Palo Alto), but any time I try to use FF it skips to the end of the recording. This has been true for the past three Sunday Night football games, and one college game. The FF works on all other channels.

I replaced our DCH3614 for this problem two weeks ago, but the new unit is doing the same thing.

If anyone has any ideas that would explain this problem I'm all ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-16-2008, 01:57 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post

Our DCH3614 will record NBC (HD ch 703 - Palo Alto), but any time I try to use FF it skips to the end of the recording. This has been true for the past three Sunday Night football games, and one college game. The FF works on all other channels.

I replaced our DCH3614 for this problem two weeks ago, but the new unit is doing the same thing.

If anyone has any ideas that would explain this problem I'm all ears.

I have Motorola 6412 Series III with Comcast. Recent Software upgrade introdcued a similar reoccuring issue.

Problem solved 1st time with a call to Comcast support. They sent a signal to box immediately clearing up problem. CSR suggested a power off/on recycle could clear the proble. Today a few days later problem reappeared so I powered off/on and then checked and issue was cleared. Left for a couple of hours and problem was back so a nother call and signal sent.

no specific channel issue that I can see as I can reproduce with all saved recordings tested.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-16-2008, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by racejeff View Post

I have Motorola 6412 Series III with Comcast. Recent Software upgrade introdcued a similar reoccuring issue.

Problem solved 1st time with a call to Comcast support. They sent a signal to box immediately clearing up problem. CSR suggested a power off/on recycle could clear the proble. Today a few days later problem reappeared so I powered off/on and then checked and issue was cleared. Left for a couple of hours and problem was back so a nother call and signal sent.

no specific channel issue that I can see as I can reproduce with all saved recordings tested.

Thanks for your reply. It's interesting in that I've never seen the porblem with anything other than NBC HD sources. I don't watch anything but live broadcast football programs on NBC.

So far we have never has the same problem on any other channel.
post #4 of 7 Old 10-17-2008, 05:29 AM

I'm new with the 3416 and YES, I noticed the phenomenon 2 days ago. I cannot say for sure whether it was an NBC/GE channel I was watching...I'll check tonight but I DID determine that the flip to the end of the recording required several seconds to "activate." Thus I've been using the high speed FF (3 clicks) and spinning through a commercial bevy to a count of 8, the first three counts of the 8 are the three pushes of the FF button. Any slower speed FF takes too long and triggers the flip.

My silly method goes fast enough so as not to trigger the unwanted end of the recording.
I have my own reason for not wanting Comast to buzz my set or send a repairman.

I notice there's no corresponding problem with FAST REWIND so if I overshoot with FAST FF I can go backwars slowly.

(P.S., Is the 3416 a very new model?)
post #5 of 7 Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip2play View Post

(P.S., Is the 3416 a very new model?)

The 3416 is one of Motorola's newer models.
post #6 of 7 Old 11-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Advanced Member

I ran into a similar issue trying to watch a football game on Thursday, but my issue was that it kept jumping to the beginning of the recording, not the end. It happened like 3 times, so I just quit using the rewind button, and used the 30-second skip back and forward buttons.

Any idea what caused this and how to fix it?

It was a huge pain to have to keep fast forwarding through half the game each time this happened.

Guy
post #7 of 7 Old 11-08-2008, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Our second DCH3614 is still skipping to the end of the recording from ramdom points in a FF move. I tried to use the instructions at Wikipedia to convert an unused key to a 30 second FF key, but it didn't work. According to the Wikipedia article we have the latest firmware and software versions.

Add A 30-Second FF
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page