Polaroid DRA-01601A DVR acting ugly - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I purchased this unit (Polaroid DRA-01601A) a little more than a year ago and it worked fine (well almost) until now. All of a sudden I'm getting a black and white split screen on my tv. Audio works fine. I've tried, both, composite as well a s video outputs...same results. Of course, I'm getting no where with "P" (don't want to mention their name anymore). I can't even find an authorized repair shop to fix this thing. I still have lots of stuff on the 160gb hd that came with it and can always remove the hd. Can someone enlighten me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 PM

Liked: 10
The Polaroid machines are actually made by Phillips. I know they made two different models (one with an ATSC tuner and one without) both sold at WalMart for less than $300. Unfortunately there is not much else out there that you can purchase and does not have a monthly fee. But good DVRs cost more than $300, and even though it has a 160G HD (a good size over a year ago), they are cheaply made. I have one of each of the models and each of them has significant problems. My only suggestion is to check with Phillips, other than that, all I can do is concur with your experience. I'm sorry.

CA GUY
post #3 of 3 Old 10-15-2008, 01:07 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Guy View Post

The Polaroid machines are actually made by Phillips.

Why would Philips make recorders for Polaroid, when they don't even make their own recorders? Funai does.

You can actually get new Philips and Magnavox 160 GB HDD/DVD recorders for $250.00 - $240.00 (respectively) these days (Philips from Sam's Club, Magnavox from walmart.com). They are both better built than the Polaroids were.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page