Do I need CableCard for Toshiba DVDR3576H/37 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi:

I am new poster and hope that this question has not already been answered and I was unable to find it.

I am thinking about getting the Philips DVD recorder and want to know if I will be able to record one channel while watching another with my current cable set up.

I have Time Warner cable and use their set top box. My understanding is that I need to first connect the cable input to the Philips and then connect to the STB. I also understand that I either need the STB or a cablecard to watch the channels. If I connect the Philips first will that work to watch one channel and record another.

Will it even work to connect the Philips first if I don't have a CableCard installed to the Philips.

My understand is that if I first connect to the STB then I will only be able to record whatever is being watched at that time.

I called my cable company and they were no help. No surprise.

I also read somewhere that I don't need my STB if I have the Philips. but I need the STB to watch digital cable since I cannot connect the cable directly to the TV without a cablecard which somehow enables the signal to be recognized.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kalalau
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page