Tivo screws the pooch, big time - all recordings ceased on Friday?! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2008, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Talk about a big screwup. For some reason, everything came to a halt at the end of Friday, Nov 21st. From that point on, not a single season pass or wishlist item was recorded. Nothing, nadda, zilch.

This despite there being plenty of things to record in the guide.

What did you guys do? I mean, come on! If I cannot rely on Tivo doing what it is supposed to do, when it gives me no indications there is something wrong (I watched things I had recorded over the weekend, but was curious why my college football game wasn't recording even though it was playing on live tv)... then I cannot trust the service.. and if I cannot trust it, I'm not going to pay for that.

What the hell?

I've read you folks were 'aware' of similar issues. Why no fix? Always quick to send out advertisements and new features I probably will never use, but giving everyones boxes a 'kick' to refresh the todo list, or at least a message telling me of the potential problem? Its bad enough the schedule is as crappy as it is, but now the box won't even record what is IN the schedule?

So now I've missed key episodes I'll not likely see again, or at least out of sequence.

Thanks for ruining television for me, Tivo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2008, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 270
It's a known bug with the ToDo list, soon to be fixed with the upcoming fall update. In the meantime, change the order of a couple of SPs and it should rebuild the list.

BTW, your rant falls on (mostly) deaf ears here. You might want to post at tivocommunity.com's forums.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page