Comcast/Motorola DCT-6412 Setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-28-2008, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I keep having a problem with my box. I turn the power off and hit the menu button to get into the setup. I select 720p, hit the menu to exit out, turn the box back on, and everything works great. For a while. At some point all the settings get reverted to default, and I have to go back in and select 720p again.

I have a pretty simple setup. HDMI out from the box, into an Onkyo 606, and then into the TV.

Has anyone had this occur? If so, how do you fix it?

Thanks,

Andrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-30-2008, 07:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This same thing happens to me a lot. It will happen when I'm watching a tv show that is not 1080i and is being upconverted and also kept in the native 4:3 format. If I switch to a component source on my tv, before changing the reciever to any source w/ a component video setup (I have the Onkyo 504 and it does not convert my comp signals to hdmi, not sure if yours does this), then it will revert back to default settings and stretch out pictures and such. Hope that made sense to you, basically don't switch the tv to a different video source without changing the source on the reciever first.

On a side note, does your reciever often lag for minutes after you push any buttons on the remote?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page