I've done some more tinkering, first replacing deprecated classes with current ones (except for cString and stringWithCString as I haven't found the supported equivalents (though it does use fopen which takes char * and doesn't complain about it)) to re-familiarize myself with the code, and then decided I really hated
the pop-up boxes for the date and time (scrolling through minutes 00 to 59, really?
) and how it would yell at you for specifying a start date in the past. So I put two NSDatePickers in instead for start and end times, got rid of the "Recording Time in Minutes" and made it treat a start time in the past as an immediate recording (won't work if you run this before Midnight January 1, 2001 GMT, time travelers and clock fidgeters) eliminating the need for the "Defer..." check button.
Bonus: you can specify recordings down to the second (great for padding start and end by 30 seconds), have them span years without converting to minutes first, and not requiring updates every four years to enable new date ranges.
Drawback: start and end are initially equal. I apparently need to use dateWithTimeIntervalSinceReferenceDate to convert from NSTimeInterval back to NSDate. It also needs some general preferences for certain constants like default duration, rounding start to next minute/15/30/hour, with or without n seconds lead/tail.
Originally Posted by swbuehler
I figured it out myself... there's a usleep(1000000) further down that needed to be changed from 1 to 3 (3 seconds) to allow the channel change.
I think I'll add a field for that too, though I know it doesn't work with my SciAtl box. That's something else that should be a preference setting so you don't have to remember every time.
I'm working on finding a host for the newly patched application. According to the original code, I can distribute it.