8000HD can't schedule while recording two - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-27-2009, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am using a SA 8000HD DVR which is currently recording two programs from 8pm til 9pm. It is now 8:30 pm. A friend just called and invited me to go out. I have a program I want to record at 10pm but I can't find any way to record it while the two programs are recording. Normally I would find the program in the guide but if I press the guide program it tells me I will have to stop recording one of my shows. That seems ridiculous. I don't have to do that on my Tivo. Unfortunately my Tivo won't record the show since its on HBO and my S2 can't access those channels. There must be some way to schedule a recording while two are currently recording. Please note that I am not trying to schedule 3 shows at the same time but 1 future show while two are currently recording. Any ideas for this problem in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-29-2009, 02:37 PM

Liked: 17
Try recording it 1 minute late. Quite often a small conflict of 1 minute can keep it from recording. Don't know why most DVR's can't give an option of cutting either the first or the second program short by a minute.

No matter where you go, There you are ;)
post #3 of 7 Old 01-29-2009, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for the answer Karp but you misread the problem.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-30-2009, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 19
I tried it on my SA8300HD (uses Passport OS on Time Warner cable) and it worked fine to bring up the online guide while two channels were recording and setting a program to record an hour or two later.
Maybe other cable system's software is more limited?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-30-2009, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
I have SARA and it allows you to schedule a recording while recording two shows. You may want to reboot the DVR. If you know the software used by your DVR click on the associated link in my signature for tips on that software. If you don't know the software, click on the SARA link and it will help you determine the software that is used on your DVR.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-31-2009, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

RussB:
Doesn't work on my comcast SA explorer 8000HD SARA version 1.89.25.1 12/27/07. If I can ever get it empty I guess I can see if I can upgrade to an 8300HD. I have rebooted my DVR and no difference. I guess I could try the hard reboot as long as I won't lose my recordings.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-31-2009, 11:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed08724 View Post

RussB:
Doesn't work on my comcast SA explorer 8000HD SARA version 1.89.25.1 12/27/07. If I can ever get it empty I guess I can see if I can upgrade to an 8300HD. I have rebooted my DVR and no difference. I guess I could try the hard reboot as long as I won't lose my recordings.

When I do a hard reboot I don't lose my recordings. A hard reboot shouldn't cause you to lose your recordings.

You can try scheduling a recording using the Info bar. Press the Info key and use the arrow keys to display the name of the show you want to record. Next, press the record key to schedule a recording for that show.

When I have two shows being recorded and I am watching one of them or watching a previously recorded show and I press the Guide button, the show I am watching is reduced to 1/4 of the screen in the upper right and the program guide is displayed in the bottom half and program information is displayed in the top left half of the screen. No additional tuner is needed for this. If you are not recording two shows, is this what happens when you press the Guide button? If this doesn't happen what does?
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page