AVS Forum banner

Solid green screen when playing back recordings? (Comcast + Motorola)

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  erick295 
#1 ·
I have a Motorola DCH3416 PVR from Comcast and while it works 90% of the time, some recordings will play back as a solid green screen with normal audio. When I stop playback, the recorded video will appear for a second before the PVR goes back to live TV, so I know it's recording the video -- it just won't play it back. I record on a lot of channels but when this happens it's always a show on Comedy Central (go figure). I thought this would be a common problem but I can't find any information anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get around this (if at all)? Contacting Clowncast on any level is really not a viable option, and this has actually happened with two different boxes so I doubt it's this particular unit (I came home from work one day to find my first one quite literally blowing smoke, so needless to say I took that back and got this second one
).

It's connected to a Sharp Aquos with HDMI, btw.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.