Explorer 8300HD movies on demand fails - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-14-2009, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have an explorer 8300HD in Time Warner Cable NYC. I am unable to get movies on demand to work reliably-- it usually will not play a new movie, or it looks like its about to but instead a grey screen comes up followed by an error message. I have an IP address, and the box is in two-way mode, and seems otherwise okay. Ive had cable company out to my house several times already, latest time the guy got it working then that night it failed again. its not the box itself, i have two connected and they both have the same problem plus one was swapped today.

anyone have a clue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM

I would think a possible signal strength issue. Can you remove a splitter from your application and test?

I had similar issues, where the VOD would work intermittently. Cable guys kept saying everything was fine, but signal was just over acceptable levels at that hookup. Once I removed a splitter from that drop I was able to get VOD working more reliably.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 PM

Check RDC sig level on diagnostic page one. Lower the level the better. I believe tops out at 61 and is unacceptable. RDC is Return Data Carrier. If too high, I agree with previous post.