Alantic Explorer 8600HD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I was wondering if anybody can clue me in on how to transfer my high quality recorded videos from my DVR to my external hard drive. This model has an esata port that connects from the DVR to the esata port on the back of an external hard drive.

Are there any tips, software, or could you direct me to a thread with all this information.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-02-2009, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
You can't transfer them. You can plug in a drive and it'll be used as additional storage, but those stored files will be encrypted on disk, so you won't be able to take that drive and plug it in elsewhere to snag the stored videos off the drive. It's not like plugging a drive into your computer where you get to control where things are stored. Also, if you unplug that drive and turn the DVR on after unplugging, the recordings on the drive won't be accessible anymore.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-11-2009, 07:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadylane315 View Post

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody can clue me in on how to transfer my high quality recorded videos from my DVR to my external hard drive. This model has an esata port that connects from the DVR to the esata port on the back of an external hard drive.

Are there any tips, software, or could you direct me to a thread with all this information.

Thanks!

There are at least 3 different operating systems that can run on Scientific Atlanta DVRs. You can click on the SARA link in my signature to find out how to determine which operatting your DVR uses. Once you determine the operating system click on the correct link in my signature to go the correct link.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page