Problem with charter dvr - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought a Yamaha 770W 7.1 ch rxv563bl receiver. I hooked it up last night and I am having trouble using it with me charter Cable Motorola HD DVR. I hooked up the receiver to all speakers and connected all my components. My hook- up is as follows Motorola HD-DVR HDMI out to Reciver HDMI in and Then from Receiver HDMI out to Magnavox (sp) LCD TV. The picture and sound are working but only in 480i and 480P. When I am on a standard channel its in 480i but when I select an HD channel it will only go into 480p. If I run HDMI straight to the TV the cable box will go to 1080i the max supported resolution for the HD-DVR. Why will it not go to 1080i when hooked up through the receiver. I have been trying everything and searching everywhere to fix this. I really want to enjoy my new receiver with HD quality which is why I bought this receiver. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Is there a way to force the Motorola DVR to output at a specific resolution. I know I was able to with the moxi box but can not find the area to do it with this box.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-25-2009, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Okay so after doing even more research I came to the conclusion that my HDDVR was the problem for it auto assigns the format and would not chose the correct selection of 1080i. So I researched the the motorola HD DVR and found out how to access a secret menu and force the resolution after doing that I set it back to what it was set to and now it works for some reason. Here are the instructions to access the menu.

1. put dvr in standby mode by hitting the power button
2. as soon as it enters standby hit menu button
3. a white screen appears with all sorts of override functions
4. go to override line and right click to off
5. go to tv resolution line and right click looking at the dvr until it displays 1080i
6. click power button and bam 1080i is working.

after about 10 min I put the override setting back on so it will bounce back to 1080i and 480p and so far it seems to be working fine.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-31-2009, 08:39 PM

wow good that's just what i need

A man dies still If he has done nothing ,as one who has done much
lost 1-4 dvd||smallville 1-7dvd
post #4 of 4 Old 04-03-2009, 05:00 PM

That override setting you found tells the dvr what to do with standard format (480i and p) television. I am sure that you have noticed now that you have to use your televisions zoom/stretch/wide screen feature to get a standard definition program to completely fill the screen.

I trouble shoot Motorola dvr's all day, every day; I even get to install them on occasion. On every one that we set up for HD, we set them to 1080I and the override to 480i or p, whichever the TV will do. If we don't, our cust's get ticked that the picture on a SD program does not fill their TV screen.

rash
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page