replay 5040 what can i do woth it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-29-2009, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ive got an old replay 5040 model ( i think its 5040 ) and i was wondering is there a way to use it like a vcr without the subscription or any other neat things i can do with it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by miscar View Post

Ive got an old replay 5040 model ( i think its 5040 ) and i was wondering is there a way to use it like a vcr without the subscription or any other neat things i can do with it.

If it has a lifetime subscription then you are set... if not you'll have to call sonic blue or who ever the hell owns ReplayTV now and pay a monthly subscription to use their service... I have an almost decade old replay3060 that still chugging along....
post #3 of 5 Old 05-08-2009, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you do not have a lifetime subscription, then you have to pay the monthly service, or else the RTV will stop working.

Spencercat
post #4 of 5 Old 05-11-2009, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I have a Replay 3040 with a lifetime subscription that is still in my system but almost never used anymore. It works perfectly and I guess I could sell it but is there a market for these things now? Or is it just a doorstop in the digital age?

"The truth is out there!"
post #5 of 5 Old 05-19-2009, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 View Post

I have a Replay 3040 with a lifetime subscription that is still in my system but almost never used anymore. It works perfectly and I guess I could sell it but is there a market for these things now? Or is it just a doorstop in the digital age?

Hi:
There are always people who would be glad to use such a DVR... those who still tape on VCRs because they can't afford more OR those who are just not smart enough to set one up... I've gifted away two older Replays and they have been loved...

Other people still use them who have analog cable, like my mother or it can be paired up with a cable box or even a CECB as I did for an aunt... My mother was resistant at first beause she was used to taping to VHS, but once she saw how easy it was and the channel guide she was hooked!
So there you go...
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page