Trouble recording with Scientific Atlanta 8300 HD DVR - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR thru Time Warner. It is programmed to record all episodes of about 25 programs per week. The problem is randomly drops some of the records on a consistant basis. For example I have it set up to record all episodes of NCIS but when I check it for the following week NCIS is not set to record. I have replaced the DVR several times but to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-18-2009, 09:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What type of DVR Software are you using? Click on the SARA link in my signature to determine that. Then post in the appropriate thread, see the links in my signature. Since you have Time Warner, you may have Navigator. You can only record two programs at a time. There may be more than 2 programs trying to record at one time and one of the programs will not record. You can look at the scheduled recordings to see if there is a conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkarg View Post

I have a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD DVR thru Time Warner. It is programmed to record all episodes of about 25 programs per week. The problem is randomly drops some of the records on a consistant basis. For example I have it set up to record all episodes of NCIS but when I check it for the following week NCIS is not set to record. I have replaced the DVR several times but to no avail. Does anyone else have this problem?

Links:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page