Resetting Sony DHG-HDD 250 DVR (possibly answered but can't find via search) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-18-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
***If this has been answered before and someone has a link to answer that would be greatly appreciated...

Ok, so here goes; I know the following from having played with system settings many times:

How to reset DVR via "Spiffs guide" and the various tests to run; That as a Comcast subscriber my TVGOS comes from 163 (CBS-Digital) in central NJ; and how to install latest Sony firmware update via USB port on the DVR (I've done so)

What I need to know is why with two DVRs one has a guide that updates and other only has an empty grid that I can't force VBI packets to or get a clock to set correctly, or anything that recognizes my location so to enable establishment of grid (although it had one up to a few months ago). Tried reset, updated firmware, still nothing!

I'm a simple layman without tech ability (but can follow directions and will keep trying if something works ) Frank70 has been very helpful before.

Recommendations as to procedures to reestablish the system are greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-19-2009, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

anybody; somebody, please...
post #3 of 5 Old 08-19-2009, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

UPDATE -

Last night I tried "System Settings" and changed zip code from 08558 to 08557, and lo and behold tonight I have a correct clock and a grid that's filled in, but doesn't correspond to Comcast for Hillsborough, NJ...I'll change back to 08558, but does anyone have any add'l suggestions as to how I can force unit to ask me which cable provider I use as it does when functioning correctly in setup, i.e., whether I use Comcast of Hillsborough, NJ based on my zip, and thereby establish the correct grid?

Thx.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-19-2009, 11:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
Why don't you try asking in the dedicated Sony DVR thread over in the HDTV Recorders forum here?
post #5 of 5 Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 AM - Thread Starter

Thought there was a dedicated forum but it'd been so long since I'd last visited when I didn't see it assumed this was it, thx!
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page