DVR HDMI split - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-24-2009, 09:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know it is possible to split the HDMI output on Motrola HDTV DVR from comcast?

What i would like to do is spilt the HDMI so one can connect directly to the TV and the other will connect to the home theater system which in turn connects to another tv via another HDMI input.

The reason I want to do this is so I have an option of bypassing the home theater system if I (or DW, since she finds it all confusing). I would be able to switch via the input selction on the tv (HDMI 1 or HDMI 2)

Currently i have the component cable on DVR going directly to TV and HDMI from DVR to home theater systen and home theater system to tv via HDMI. This works, but the picture is much better when using HDMI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-25-2009, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
There are HDMI splitters available (see this Monoprice link for a selection), but you'll need to read the documentation to find out certain details on how they operate. You may be limited to the features of the lesser-capable display - with a DVR, that probably shouldn't be a problem (since the output should normally be either 720p or 1080i), but if you try to use a Blu-Ray player or something (with 60p/24p framerate) then you might run into issues.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page