Apple Remote reboots Motorola 3416 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-30-2009, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a strange problem - when I click the Apple Remote that I use with my Mac Mini (which is connected to my tv), it sometimes causes my Motorola 3416 DVR to reboot. The lights go off and a restart happens, just like when you pull the power cord. I now know its not a defective DVR - Shaw (my cable provider) swapped it out for me after the tech they sent witnessed the problem.

It only seems to happen after I've been watching the 3416 for a while and then click the Apple Remote (menu button). The box reboots and then I can click as much as I want and nothing more seems to happen - the Mac Mini is controlled properly. But hours later (or next day) the same thing happens. I have tested this on a friend's 6416 and as reported above it is not affected.

So, I am now assuming this is a 3416 problem. And further its related to one of the firmware releases as it worked fine up until about 4 months ago. If anyone out there has a 3416 and an Apple Remote, I'd love to hear from you. Just watch for awhile, particularly a recording (I never watch live tv anymore) and then click the menu button on the Apple Remote.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-03-2009, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Found my problem - it wasn't the remote but the firewire connection. It appears that the latest firmware causes the dvr to reboot sometimes when the firewire connection activates or goes to sleep.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page