HDMI port not working on my Motorola 3416 (Comcast) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-03-2009, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have Samsung LN32b530. I can hook tv up to dvd player via HDMI cable and it works fine. However when I hook DVR to TV via HDMI , it is not recognized in source list on my tv. Only coaxial and component are recognized. I have refreshed the source list and still will not recognize it. b I have had this DVR for at least a couple of years. I have tried to power off and on and still not working.

Comcast said they can send technician out but if he doesn't find fault with the box, then they will charge me.. or I can swap the box at Comcast. Don't want to do that as I will lose my saved recordings.

Anything anyone can suggest? I have refreshed the source list and still won't pick up HDMI from Comcast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 04:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 155
What's wrong with using component out to the TV? You won't see a diff in video quality.

Sounds like a bad port on the box or an HDCP handshake incompatibility between the box and your TV. Either way, you're stuck with component until you watch the recordings and then swap the box to see if the port was bad. You have tried all the HDMI ports on the TV, right?
post #3 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 07:08 AM - Thread Starter

Yes I have tried all the HDMI ports on the tv. I was under the impression HD looks better with HDMI cable as opposed to component.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 11:30 PM

Reseat the HDMI cable connections. If no good, try changing the resolution output in the DVR from 1080i to 720p. Motorola, 1080i, and HDMI seem to have problems sometimes.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page