DVR for Overseas - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-04-2009, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I really miss my DTV dual tuner DVR. I am now living and working in Korea. I currently have Digital Korean Cable TV and AFN Cable TV. I'd like to find a DVR that I can push both signals into and record shows for later viewing - any ideas??? I want it to be HD capable with HDMI outs. I appreciate your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Liked: 10
I'm over in Iraq and I too would like to get a DVR that I can use with AFN, which is broadcast using a PAL signal. I have tried several tv tuners with my Windows 7 laptop but none have been very good at working or picking up the signal.

If you're staring at me, it better be because I'm the goddamn suspect
This is a charge of C4. I can tell cause it says "C4" everywhere
post #3 of 4 Old 01-22-2010, 12:55 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie113 View Post

I'm over in Iraq and I too would like to get a DVR that I can use with AFN, which is broadcast using a PAL signal. I have tried several tv tuners with my Windows 7 laptop but none have been very good at working or picking up the signal.

www.world-import.com and www.bhphoto.com sell HDD/DVD recorders which are made for their systems (I'd stick with the Panasonics and Pioneer's). I'd ask them before ordering, because they sometimes will send you one made specifically for Europe rather than the Middle East, even though they both may have PAL tuners and work in both places (though I'm not sure of that - still, there might be differences otherwise).
post #4 of 4 Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstShirt33 View Post

I really miss my DTV dual tuner DVR. I am now living and working in Korea. I currently have Digital Korean Cable TV and AFN Cable TV. I'd like to find a DVR that I can push both signals into and record shows for later viewing - any ideas??? I want it to be HD capable with HDMI outs. I appreciate your help!

If they use PAL for cable, too, maybe one of the above recorders will work there. Not sure, though, as there may be different types of PAL.

I would check over in the DVD recorders forum here. There might be some people there who could answer the pertinent questions for both of you guys. Look specifically for the poster named "Citibear".
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page