Motorola DCH3416 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 12-05-2009, 07:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello Guys =)

I live in Mexico and I just bought a Motorola DHC3416 DVR from ebay, my Cable company provides me with an Analog Service (that means no STB just a simple coax cable).

The configuration I want is very simple, just watch TV and record some shows that I like at certain times (no automatic recording or anything of the shows, I know).

However I can't see any channel when I plug the coax cable to the Cable In socket and my TV to the RF Out socket, not even when the DVR is turned off (no RF bypass). And here my problems start.

Seems like there is limited functionality on the DVR, because I could not change the RF bypass on the Menu - Cable Box settings, and when using the Diagnostics Mode of the DVR, I can see that the DVR is hooked to the service as I can see the clock of my provider, but I could not change the features on the Interface section

But the thing is that I believe that the Cable provider of the original owner of the DVR crampled the box. How can I change the configuration manually? Any hints? Did I just waste my money? hope not. This is my first DVR.

Thanks a lot.

Miguel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 12-05-2009, 07:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by msantosn View Post

I live in Mexico and I just bought a Motorola DHC3416 DVR from ebay, my Cable company provides me with an Analog Service (that means no STB just a simple coax cable).

None of the Motorola xxx3416 boxes have analog tuners. The xxx3xxx series is digital only.

Quote:

The configuration I want is very simple, just watch TV and record some shows that I like at certain times (no automatic recording or anything of the shows, I know).

None of the Motorola DVRs are equipped with DVR software. They download and run the DVR / recording software provided by the cable company. If compatible software isn't available from your cable company, then the Motorola boxes can't record.

Quote:

This is my first DVR.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's going to do what you want. It doesn't have analog tuners and it doesn't have any DVR or recording software.

You should be looking at the Magnavox H2160 for use with analog cable in Mexico.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page