SA8300HD can't go back after exiting DVR. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, I am new to SA8300HD. However, I have been using Directv's HD 21/100 for two years. Here is I'd like to know if it is doable with SA8300HD:

At 10:10am, I switched the box to channel 2, 5 minutes later I decided to watch one of the recorded programs in the DVR. 30 minutes later I finished the DVR program and back to channel 2. It seems I can't go back to view the 30 minutes portion on channel 2 that I missed. Is there any special setting I need to enter in order to get this feature, or simply it doesn't exist?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-27-2010, 11:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: Houston, Texas Comcast SA 8300HD DVRs Guide S25 Phase 1 with Patch
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are three different operating systems that can run on the SA 8300 HD. They are SARA, Navigator or Passport and each can operate differently. I have SARA and it doesn't have that functionality. When you change the channel the buffer is cleared, except for the DVR playback channel. If you are watching a recorded program you can switch to a different channel and return to the DVR playback where it was stopped. To do what you want to do you can start recording the program you are watching before switching to a recording. The first post in the SARA thread has information on how to determine which operating system you have. Click on the appropriate link in my signature for your operating system.
Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page