Motoroloa DHC3416 on Comcast: Any way to transfer recorded content to PC? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2010, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have the Comcast Motorola DHC3416 and am attempting to transfer something from my recorded library to my PC (recording was from dateline). I have all the drivers installed on my XP box but when i plug in the firewire cable to the dvr, everything changes. The screen flickers, the dvr display appears to reset, and only the unprotected channels are available and stream correctly.

Now all this is incredible, but when I hit DVR nothing happens. The TV screen states the DVR service has been disabled.

After unplugging the firewire cable from the DVR, everything returns to normal. Gah!!! Any suggestions? I've searched here and elsewhere for hours tonight but it seems this topic has sort of died about 1 yr ago with some success with the mac.

Anyways, if anybody has the Dateline NBC from Sunday Jan 31 recorded "Heroes of Children's Hospital." I would be greatly appreciative.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have the same issue. I wish to transfer/download recorded programs on my Comcast Motorola DCH3416 to my PC (Windows XP) or portable media. I have a DVD recorder as well. From what I've read on this forum, the best one can do is transfer on a real time basis, which is fine with me, as I don't have that many hours of recorded material. I looked on sticky and other threads, and did a search, but can't find any guidance. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by styxacheron View Post

I have the same issue. I wish to transfer/download recorded programs on my Comcast Motorola DCH3416 to my PC (Windows XP) or portable media. I have a DVD recorder as well. From what I've read on this forum, the best one can do is transfer on a real time basis, which is fine with me, as I don't have that many hours of recorded material. I looked on sticky and other threads, and did a search, but can't find any guidance. Thanks.

google search for exdues.