Anyone know how to recover the data from - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-14-2010, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
A motorola dvr 6412 Hard drive that's been removed from the case? I have a co-worker who lost a lost of stuff in Katrina and basically now owns this DVR. Cox has written it off and he removed the hard drive. I can see a few partitions using linux but they all show up as unallocated space. If anyone has done this please holler at me with some info. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2010, 11:03 AM

Liked: 10
There are number of tools to recover the partitions, directories and files from a damaged disc. Here are a couple I've used, more or less successfully:

1. PC Inspector: http://www.pcinspector.de/Default.htm?language=1
Used it for a disc where the partition structure had been overlaid, and no structure could be found by Windows or Linux. Pretty good tool, but will find a lot of files where parts are damaged. But it did recover a couple of files I really wanted.

2. iolo Search and Recover: http://www.iolo.com/sr/5/
Same here, use the trial version first, before you shell out the money. Turned out it didn't work in my case.

/Henrik
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2010, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
The video on the drive will be encrypted anyway, so unless you just happen to have a supercomputer in your back pocket to crack the encryption layer, your time will be wasted (not to mention that the Motorolas do not use a known standard filesystem, so you'd be rooting through raw data blocks anyway).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Recorders (PVRs) General

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page